Downgrading is not easy due to the fact that older installers are removed when a new alpha is up. In this guide i am going to show how to downgrade nodejs on windows10.
Some packages require a specific versions range of nodejs and npm. for example, version 5 of React-native doesn’t work with npm5.
- Delete the current nodejs version (Or delete the relevant nodejs parameters path from the Environment variables as shown on step 6 and 7).
- Visit all the nodejs available versions:
- Select the version you need. for this guide, i am selecting
- Select the windows architecture you need. I selected
- Extract the zip file and place it on a permanent folder. for example:
- Update windows variables: Press Start button >Write Environment and then select the next option:
- In the poped up window, Select Environment Variables
- In the poped up window, Edit the Path parameter under User variables for [username] and under System Variables add the path:
- Restart the shell you are working on for the environment parameters to be reloaded